So Long, Wheat: 31 Irresistible Gluten-Free Dessert Ideas
By Jessica Lymberopoulos May 24, 2012 No Comments
Coming up with gluten-free dessert ideas can be pretty tough, especially if you’ve never baked without wheat flour before. But fortunately, the movement toward gluten-free living is inspiring lots of talented chefs to create some fabulous gluten-free treats and recipes.
Once you dive in, you’ll realize the land of gluten-free sweets isn’t so bad after all.
Below are recipes and products that make excellent gluten-free dessert ideas. For convenience, I’ve also added a gluten-free and dairy-free group of recipes.
Oddly, I planned to write this post just before learning that I have a personal food intolerance to gluten and wheat. So rest assured, I’ve been picky because I’m now prowling just as desperately as you are to find delicious gluten-free dessert ideas!
Gluten-Free Dessert Ideas
- Almond Butter Cookies
- Banana and Coffee Cake
- Chocolate for Fondue
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
- Chocolate Truffles with Pink Salt
- Coconut Rice Pudding with Mango
- Flourless Chocolate & Vanilla Marble Cake
- Frozen Chocolate-Covered Banana Pops
- Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Gluten-Free Apple Crisp
- Gluten-Free Bars
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Recipe
- Gluten-Free Chocolate-Almond Cookies
- Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookie Cups
- Gluten-Free Spice Cake
- Gluten-Me-Not Gift Box
- Healthy Cupcakes
- Lemon Cornmeal Cake
- Salted Caramel Pots de Creme
- Sensational Peanut Butter Cookies
- Yogurt Parfait with Bananas & Caramel Sauce
Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Dessert Ideas
- Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Coconut Cups
- Dessert Hummus Trio
- German-Chocolate Fudge Bites
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Grilled Peaches with Ginger Coconut Caramel
- No-Bake Frosty Chocolate Banana Cream Cups
- Peanut Butter Caramel Apples
- Vegan Black Bean Brownie Pops
- Vegan Chili Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Have you struck gold with any gluten-free dessert ideas of your own? We’d love it if you shared your discovery below!