March 17th commemorates the life of Ireland’s most famous patron saint with feasting, drinking, and donning green—but it’s also the perfect excuse to dye otherwise ordinary foods and indulge in Irish inspired cuisine. Here at Fooducopia, we’ve compiled a list of luck-of-the-Irish party favorites to help plan your next bash.
Infusing some Irish charm into your Saint Paddy’s Day can be as simple as green foods or mint-chocolate desserts. Kids will go crazy for these simple treats.
- Lucky charms and green milk
- Green popcorn glaze
- Mint chocolate chip pancakes
- Shamrock sugar cookies
- Cupcakes with white frosting and green sprinkles
- Rainbow cupcakes
- Green shortbread
If your plans include a bit more than shamrock cookies and green milk, channel your inner Irish with some of the following classic dishes.
- Corned beef hash
- Shepard’s pie
- Lamb stew
- Whiskey glazed sweet potatoes
- Soda bread
- Colcannon; a side dished of potatoes and cabbage smothered in cream
- Boxty; a potato pancake made of shredded potato, flour, baking soda, and buttermilk
- Dublin Coddle; a pork sausage, bacon, potato, barley and onion dish
And of course, no Saint Patrick’s Day feast would be complete without plenty of stouts, lagers, and whiskey on hand. Use these Irish drinks to inspire your dessert menu and add to the merriment. Consider one of the following festive desserts.