The hot days of summer cause me to shun my oven and stovetop. The less heat around the better. But I do need to make dinner! So here is the perfect one-pot pasta recipe, using one burner for only 15mins!
One-Pot Spinach Fettuccine Soup
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 5 oz container of spinach
- 1 pack of dry fettuccine or Cappello’s Gluten Free Fettuccine
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, cut in julienne strips
- 1 jar of pitted green olives
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large sprigs of basil
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- 8 cups of organic vegetable broth
- dash of red wine (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
In the order listed, add each ingredient to a large pot. Place over med-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Stirring occasionally, simmer for 10 mins or until the pasta is cooked. Serve immediately.
All ingredients available at Denver’s Corner Store or for home delivery in Denver area.
Shana Kurz is a nutritional expert, Health Coach, MBA and Mom of 4 boys who is passionate about maximizing fertility, calming busy moms and saving the world by eating more veggies. She can usually be found in the kitchen, office, or CrossFit. Please visit her at shanakurz.com.