Summer Party Food Recipes: Spiced Plum Preserves with Coconut Honey Pita Chips
By Nicole Hopping September 3, 2013 on Summer Party Food Recipes: Spiced Plum Preserves with Coconut Honey Pita ChipsNo Comments
Deeply pigmented red flesh plums are the seasonal star of this fresh, summery dish. Perfect for a summer barbecue fruit dip or cocktail party appetizer, this sweet and crunchy starter is a great addition to summer celebrations.
Yield: Serves 15
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
For the preserves
- 2 tablespoons Lost Loon Orange Marmalade or Apricot Jam
- 5 small red-flesh plums
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 large peach
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey (to add a raspberry twist, substitute with Honey Raspberry Crème Spread)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
For the pita chips
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon raw honey
- 16 flour tortillas or pitas
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 4 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the marmalade, plums, blackberries, peach, ginger, honey, and 1 tablespoon cinnamon in a food processor or blender. Pulse until chunky. Pour into a medium sized bowl and chill.
- Lay pita bread out over a large work area.
- Place the coconut oil, vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons honey in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir for 1-2 minutes, until combined.
- Brush the oil mixture over one side of the pita bread. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Cut into small sections.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until crisp and golden. Remove and let cool.
- Serve as fruit dip and sweet chips or scoop ½ tablespoon of preserves onto each chip to serve as a party appetizer.