Being a vegan doesn’t necessarily mean eating healthy. Many vegan foods are ultra-processed, very low in nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber, but high in sodium, fat, and added sugars.
Fooducopia is founded by long-time vegans and we teamed up with doctor of medicine, nutritionist, fitness trainers, and other experts in this field to bring you all information on how to improve your health on a vegan or plant-based diet.
We strive to become your go-to resource for all concerns regarding eating a healthy whole-food, plant-based diet.
What are you going to find on Fooducopia?
Fooducopia covers various topics around eating and living a plant-based lifestyle, including:
- How to eat healthily and thrive on a plant-based diet
- Complete plant-based food pairings
- In-depth food macronutrient and micronutrients analysis, with benefits and risks associated
- How to avoid vitamin and mineral deficiency on a plant-based diet
- Practical guides on food preservation and storage
- Plant-based recipes
Why you can trust Fooducopia?
1. Our writers are experienced health experts and journalists
Our editorial team consists of health professionals and journalists, and they are not influenced by advertisers or sponsors. We publish only accurate and inclusive content in plain language to ensure Fooducopia’s readers receive the highest quality information.
2. Backed by science-based evidence and research
Fooducopia’s Expert Team ensures that our content upholds the highest standards of medical integrity, with sourcing guidelines relying only on peer-reviewed medical journals, academic institutions, government agencies, and highly respected medical organizations.
3. Medical experts review our content
Health-related content written by a journalist or non-medical writer is reviewed by one or more members of our Medical Expert Board to ensure all information is accurate, evidence-based, current, and up to date.
4. Our content is regularly updated
Information changes over time, as there are new studies, meta-analyses, guidelines, and statistics are published. Our editorial and Medical Expert Board regularly evaluates and updates our existing content to ensure all information is up to date and provides accurate information.
Medical Expert Board
Our Medical Expert Board consists of international health experts that help ensure the scientific accuracy and integrity of our content.