- 1 3/4 cups Chardonnay or other dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 pounds crab meat, drained (about 4 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups of finely crushed potato chips
- 1 1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs (French Bread)
- 7.25 oz jar of roasted red peppers, drained, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon Frawg N’ Turtle’s horseradish mustard sauce
- 1 table spoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Boil the wine and shallots in a heavy medium saucepan until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes. Add the cream and boil until liquid is reduced to sauce consistency, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Mix the crab meat, 1/2 cup crushed potato chips, breadcrumbs, and the next seven ingredients in large bowl until well blended. Using 1/4 cupful crab mixture for each cake, form mixture into sixteen 2 1/2 inch diameter cakes. (Can be prepared six hours ahead. Cover sauce and crab cakes separately and refrigerate. Rewarm sauce over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, before serving.)
Place the remaining potato chips in shallow dish. Press each cake into chips, turning to coat evenly.
Heat two tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add crab cakes to skillet and cook until golden brown and heated thoroughly, adding more oil, about five minutes per side. Transfer crab cakes to paper toweled line plate to drain.
Get Our Free Cookbook
Register with Fooducopia and receive a free cookbook filled with recipes inspired by some of the country’s most creative artisan food producers.