Chipotle serves American-Mexican cuisine, specializing in made-to-order burritos, bowls, and tacos. Chipotle offers both brown and white rice as a base for their dishes. Does their brown rice have cilantro?
Chipotle brown rice has cilantro. After cooking, Chipotle employees add fresh cilantro to their brown rice. Chipotle brown rice also has lemon juice, lime juice, and salt.
Does Chipotle Brown Rice Have Cilantro?
Yes, Chipotle brown rice has cilantro. Chipotle brown rice is cooked fresh every morning with water and spices. After cooking the rice, Chipotle kitchen employees add lemon juice, lime juice, and cilantro.
Does All Of Chipotle’s Rice Have Cilantro?
For many people, the citrusy flavor of cilantro compliments the lemon and lime juice. For others, cilantro tastes like soap. Cilantro is one of the oldest known herbs. It’s a member of the parsley family, and was used as far back as ancient Egypt.
I think cilantro tastes like soap, but sometimes I enjoy eating at Chipotle. I don’t believe the taste of cilantro overpowers the rice or my meal. Other times, I make copycat Chipotle rice at home without cilantro.
Can You Get Chipotle Rice Without Cilantro?
No, you can’t order ready-made Chipotle rice without cilantro. If you ask for rice, some locations may be able to make you rice without cilantro. But they will have to make it fresh, which will take time.
Other locations will only be able to make rice with cilantro. If you dislike cilantro, your best bet is to eat somewhere else. You can also create a version of Chipotle rice at home.
Chipotle Rice Without Cilantro Copycat Recipe
This recipe requires brown rice, lemon juice, and garlic. It’s a delicious way to spice up your mealtime.
Parsley is an excellent substitute for cilantro. This recipe makes four servings.
- 2 cups of basmati rice (or your favorite brown rice)
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder OR 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear.
- Bring water and brown rice to a boil in a large pot. Turn down the heat and let simmer for about 50 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- While the rice cooks, mix the lemon juice, garlic, parsley, and salt in a small bowl.
- Transfer the cooked rice to a large bowl. Add the lemon juice, garlic, parsley, and salt mixture.
- Mix well and taste for seasoning.
You can cook brown rice in a rice cooker instead of on the stove. My preferred way to cook brown rice is in my rice cooker. I add the rice and water as directed by the manufacturer, and my rice cooker cooks for me! I find it much easier than watching a pot on the stove.
Chipotle Rice With Cilantro Copycat Recipe
Make the recipe above, but:
- Use ¾ cup of loosely packed cilantro instead of the parsley.
- Substitute two tablespoons of lime juice for the lemon juice.
Cilantro pairs well with lime, but you can still use lemon juice if you prefer the taste of lemon over lime.
Variations on Chipotle Copycat Rice
Make a recipe as directed above, but
- Substitute all or half of the brown rice with cauliflower rice.
- Use white rice instead of brown.
- Use half white and brown rice.
- Add one teaspoon of lime or lemon zest when you mix the rice.
Chipotle brown rice has cilantro. Some restaurants may be able to prepare brown rice without cilantro, but not all restaurants can accommodate that request. If you dislike cilantro, make Chipotle copycat rice at home.